Look Here For The Latest Madass Army and Community News.

Seattle MadAss!!!

Washington, Oregon and Idaho

Moderators: Greg, MilwaukeeMadass, MadMaster

Seattle MadAss!!!

Postby toddbumpa » 05 Mar 2010 03:26

Picking up my 50 in the AM.....Scoot About in South Lake Union hooked me up! I already ordered an Ass Pipe and "Tune Up" Kit from moto-scoot, and plan on doing the 88cc Big Bore in a month or 2.

Anyone else in the area, get in touch and we'll ride! :mrgreen:
toddbumpa

Liked Posts: 0 time
Posts Liked: 1 time

Re: Seattle MadAss!!!

Postby Foundations » 05 Mar 2010 10:43

Word!

I had looked into Scoot-About while I was pricing options. There's a Silver 125 at Aurora Suzuki that I had looked at when I realized I was getting taken for a ride (no pun intended).

I came across Bill's shop online, Moto-Scoot, and had them ship out a Graphite 125, which I got last Friday. Absolutely LOVE my MA.

DAMMIT! Here I thought I'd be the only one.

I'm Doug, I live over in Northgate and I'm still waiting on my temporary plates from the DMV. I need to get endorsed as well, but once the plates are here we can do some daytime riding for sure!
2010 MadAss 125 | Graphite | MSR Shift Lever | Bar End Mirrors | Frightline LED Brake
Foundations

Posts Liked: 0 time

Postby MilwaukeeMadass » 10 Mar 2010 20:28

The MadAss Army grows and grows. Congrats on the new MA Todd!
Raymond - Forum/Website Admin
2010 125 Madass "Hugo Stiglitz" | Graphite | Stage I Kit w/ Asspipe
Bring Back The 50
MilwaukeeMadass
Site Admin

Liked Posts: 125 times
Posts Liked: 116 times

Postby toddbumpa » 11 Mar 2010 05:17

MilwaukeeMadass wrote:The MadAss Army grows and grows. Congrats on the new MA Todd!

Thanks Milwaukee, I've had my eye on them for a couple years, then spotted one at a scooter rental place near where I work. Needless to say, I bought it the next day. Went with the 50cc because theres only one 125 in Seattle, and that dealer wants $2700. I got mine for $1799 out the door and spent around $700 in parts, so $2500 so far. I like tinkering with motors, so I'm looking forward to the install. Plus, it's registered as a moped!

We should all meet at Sturgis this summer! :D
toddbumpa

Posts Liked: 1 time

Postby vimcat » 21 Mar 2010 16:11

Foundations wrote:Word!
There's a Silver 125 at Aurora Suzuki that I had looked at when I realized I was getting taken for a ride (no pun intended).

Do you mean the price was too high or was there something wrong with the silver one?

Thanks,
-v.

vimcat

Postby Foundations » 22 Mar 2010 11:05

I meant that the price was too much. Between the $400 delivery/setup fee, the over charging on the licensing and $50 for paperwork (what?), the bike ended up being about $400 more than what I was able to get it for from Bill and Andy at Moto-Scoot.

Not to forget, Moto-Scoot has been dealing these bikes for a lot longer than Aurora and just knew so much more about them. Aurora seemed to just want to get it out the door and didn't have as much info on the bike at all.
2010 MadAss 125 | Graphite | MSR Shift Lever | Bar End Mirrors | Frightline LED Brake
Foundations

Postby pato » 27 Mar 2010 16:57

I looked at that one at Aurora Suzuki also back in December. They were going to give me a pretty good deal $2300 vs. MSRP or $2695, I just didn't like the color. I got two from Mot-scoot, free shipping and $100 of each for buying two. I think someone could get a deal from Aurora Suzuki if they like the color.They've had it since last fall I think. I don't think they will get more, they have sold only one I was told.
so I guess that is at least 4 in the Pac NW and I've got two. I doubt I'll run into you guys, I am in silverdale.
Have fun, Pat

pato
Recruit

Postby rstephenb » 03 Aug 2010 14:26

Just got my MA 125 at Aurora Suzuki last Saturday. Got a Black one for $2500 + tax and lic. They had a yellow and red one there too. My only complaint was that it came with the California emissions canister. I'm looking to take this thing off once I get some instructions on how to do so.

So now there are at least three MA bikes in Seattle! Have fun!

rstephenb
Recruit

Postby MilwaukeeMadass » 03 Aug 2010 14:37

Excellent. Congratulations on the new bike! :D
Raymond - Forum/Website Admin
2010 125 Madass "Hugo Stiglitz" | Graphite | Stage I Kit w/ Asspipe
Bring Back The 50
MilwaukeeMadass
Site Admin

Liked Posts: 125 times
Posts Liked: 116 times

Postby SeattleMadass » 29 Jul 2011 13:06

I picked up my Graphite Madass 125 from Scoot-About, they had them on sale- $2199. Hell of a deal! I've had to do some tweaking to get it set up right, adjusting the chain and the carburetor, and also changing the mono shock for a softer ride. The mono shock I got from OORacing, which is out of England so you've got to deal with the exchange rate, but despite this their shock was half the cost of Moto Scoots and was shipped over night! Oh, I also removed that emissions canister and plan to remove the EGR tube in due time.
SeattleMadass

Postby Madseattle » 07 Jul 2014 21:15

3 years later & see this thread ~ yes, I bought that silver 125 from Aurora & still have it :icon-biggrin:
I'm just Pete ... do not be scared, please hang on
Madseattle
Recruit

Liked Posts: 1 time

Postby tallpaul » 18 Jul 2014 01:15

SeattleMadass wrote:I picked up my Graphite Madass 125 from Scoot-About, they had them on sale- $2199. Hell of a deal! I've had to do some tweaking to get it set up right, adjusting the chain and the carburetor, and also changing the mono shock for a softer ride. The mono shock I got from OORacing, which is out of England so you've got to deal with the exchange rate, but despite this their shock was half the cost of Moto Scoots and was shipped over night! Oh, I also removed that emissions canister and plan to remove the EGR tube in due time.

I'm going to give OORacing a call tomorrow. I tried ordering through their website with no luck - they said "we don't have shipping defined for your country."

Fingers crossed, the stock shock bottoms out like crazy on my ~240lb weight.

See you round town!

tallpaul

Liked Posts: 1 time
Posts Liked: 2 times

Return to US - Pacific Northwest