Look Here For The Latest Madass Army and Community News.

Basket Case motor swap Xkeleton

Lighting, instruments, cockpit, wiring harness

Moderators: Greg, MilwaukeeMadass, MadMaster

Basket Case motor swap Xkeleton

Postby DCrippa » 03 Mar 2017 17:07

Hi so I have a trickster xkeleton ... previous owner installed a 125cc kick start only Lifan motor. While it does run It's Cinderella status - no lights gotta be home by dark... and well I want to get it all working legit so I can get it plated... currently it can run without the battery - but it blows fuses when the battery is connected.

I've read of people just buying a new harness and I want to go that route so I can re-instate the lighting system and fix this mess of mismatched spaghetti that is the electrical system. I found a number of problems already and think there may be a short under the frame/ motor as they ran the electrical cables through there.

Just not sure where to start or where to find that harness. Any advice would be appreciated this thing has sat for too long want to get it on the road.

Rating:7.69%

DCrippa
Recruit

Liked Posts: 0 time
Posts Liked: 2 times

Re: Basket Case motor swap Xkeleton

Postby gfmoto » 03 Mar 2017 19:37

had the same issue. it is a few layers down the archive. however, I found an electrical connection point under the seat. squashed flat and shorting to ground...but only when I sat on it...true story :icon-biggrin:
gfmoto
Fanatic

Liked Posts: 59 times
Posts Liked: 9 times

Re: Basket Case motor swap Xkeleton

Postby DCrippa » 04 Mar 2017 11:40

That would drive anyone nuts. Just about as bad as the wiring on this bike spliced different colors on the same lead...

DCrippa
Recruit

Liked Posts: 0 time
Posts Liked: 2 times

Return to Electrical