Look Here For The Latest Madass Army and Community News.

best food related bike stop in your town

Topics and discussions related to other types of motorcycles and/or scooters and other things.

Moderators: Greg, MilwaukeeMadass, MadMaster

Re: best food related bike stop in your town

Postby gfmoto » 12 Aug 2012 16:15

btw assuk...we are very aware of the ace cafe in the us...even have an attempt to copy it. many usa bike riders dream of that mecca of moto madness. my wife, sister, brother-in law, and myself have planned a 2015 isle of man trip...i am going to change that to the ace cafe! i will go later to the isle of man when it is off season and ride the course on what ever i can rent. thx for the new goal...it will help keep me alive for the glory of the ride and the food...well...not to mention world class beer!!! :icon-biggrin:
gfmoto
Fanatic

Liked Posts: 60 times
Posts Liked: 10 times

Postby Assuk » 17 Aug 2012 01:17

Hey man, no worries!
Lol just let me know and ill be your unnoficial tour guide! Ill do it for the price of my lunch too (im easy to please). I can also take you to the best damn curry house in england and its one of only a few that does indian lager from the tap rather than a bottle. :lol:
Assuk
Vendor

Liked Posts: 14 times
Posts Liked: 22 times

Postby gfmoto » 17 Aug 2012 21:10

feeling the love,,,food love and beer love. my wife is all over this...want's me to be happy and will make it happen. when is best time to meet in your lovely island? only been there in spring and summer. seemed perfect every time. my last name is farnworth, so i had to go to my namesake home just 10 k above manchester...just south of bolton. i was made mayor for the day...because there was no mayor at the time. a lot of pub time took place after that. all food and drink is on us...but only for you and another...not thirty of your best mates. :obscene-drinkingcheers:
gfmoto
Fanatic

Postby Assuk » 31 Aug 2012 17:36

hey man come over whenever your ready. The weather is bloody unpredictable so anytime is good! bit cold and dark from october to march though. Me and my missus run a tight crowd so no chance of 30 mates turning up, plus i work 6days a week so dont drink much. but when i do...... :dance: Im only a 20min train ride to central london if you want to sightsee! There is a couple of small bed and breakfasts nearby here too
Assuk
Vendor

Postby gfmoto » 31 Aug 2012 21:14

thx again. been to london enough times to not have to do any touring. we are also simple folk that do not need alot of entertainment...a few pints and some soup and we are good for the day. will check out the local b'n'b domiciles and plan a meet. dealing with a nasty bit of leukemia right now, but that will not stop us from having that much fun. what are your favorite places for good food in your area? something i can google for a menu. Food and drink is on me! a ride through the local roads is also on me ...for petrol anyway. :auto-dirtbike:
gfmoto
Fanatic

Postby Assuk » 04 Sep 2012 14:34

You are hardcore mate! So upbeat when youre goin through summit like that. I salute you sir :handgestures-salute:
Down to business..
Im lucky here as I live 1/2 mile from a parade of 20 shops of which a good few are restaurants or takeaways :dance:
Firstly Curry Garden. This is absolutely bangin food and indian lager on tap. bootiful!
Tha Orchid: not tried it but its owned by the same chap as curry garden. Really cannot say why I have not tried it.
Kebab grill (dont know the name): amazing ive known the owner for years, he owns a Wimpy a few doors down too :roll:
KFC and Dominos pizza. both one of the best in the area but not exactly exclusive...
A traditional british fish and chip shop. Its crap when busy :lol: But the fish is ok.
Another curry place called blue saffron. Its the nastiest crap on the parade.
A cafe. essential for the morning after resurection bacon sandwhich. :bow-blue:
Lastly an italian cafe which does all your fancy bread like ciabbata and pannini and lots of bloody coffee :shock:
These can all be found on google maps under
moneyhill parade, rickmansworth,hertfordshire,uk.
We have a good Toby Carvery in Denham a few miles down the road. You can have a 3 meat roast on Sundaywith all you can eat trimmings.
Literally 20ft from where I live is the Whip & Collar pub which does an amazing swordfish steak, grills and stonebaked pizzas.
Sorry there is no direct links but it will keep you occupied mate. I got carried away with the smilies too. my bad
Assuk
Vendor

Postby gfmoto » 04 Sep 2012 16:56

absolutely perfect...i am in on the curry garden, bacon sandwich, and have to try the Toby Carvery :P and of course...all local pubs that will have me. just got my madass riding again today!!! :auto-dirtbike: had a the fuse blowing and traced it to a smashed wire under the seat...now i can :auto-dirtbike: :auto-dirtbike: ride to work again on two wheels. :obscene-drinkingcheers: my wife is all in on next spring for a trip...a few days in your area and a couple playing with the isle of man roads...then home. i hope to gain at least 10 pounds on this trip. :laughing-rollingyellow:

btw...long time member of the bsa bantam club and will try to meet with some of them while there.
gfmoto
Fanatic

Postby Assuk » 06 Sep 2012 13:42

im all in buddy, dont worry there is food and drink aplenty!
I should defo have the spare madass on the road by then so if you could get some temporay insurance while you are here then its free for you to use!

Rating:7.69%

Assuk
Vendor

Postby gfmoto » 12 Oct 2012 20:38

poutine just came to my small town...the duvall grill. it was sweet potato fries as a base, white cheese curds, and then drowned in gravy...simple and really good with beer...several kinds...i tried few on tap with it. 11 usa dollars for enough to really fill up and leave a bit in the bowl. eric roberts is the pub owner and tell him greg sent you. near seattle,wa.
gfmoto
Fanatic

Postby dave » 15 Oct 2012 13:46

gfmoto wrote:poutine just came to my small town...the duvall grill. it was sweet potato fries as a base, white cheese curds, and then drowned in gravy...simple and really good with beer...several kinds...i tried few on tap with it. 11 usa dollars for enough to really fill up and leave a bit in the bowl. eric roberts is the pub owner and tell him greg sent you. near seattle,wa.

Gotta come to quebec for good poutin,ive tried elsewhere for some reason we just have it right,
I used to work at harvyes(canada fast food resturant)when we got our gravy it said on the package for quebec use only,in ontario they got a different gravy for some reason
2008 amg nitro with ftp 125cc

Rating:7.69%

dave
Contributor

Liked Posts: 2 times
Posts Liked: 8 times

Postby gfmoto » 15 Oct 2012 16:57

i will admit that i would have been happy with regular potato fries....more and thicker gravy...maybe melted cheese vs the curds. but with a few good beers it seems sooooo good as is. :obscene-drinkingcheers: hey..and how about a little bacon???
gfmoto
Fanatic

Postby gfmoto » 29 Dec 2017 18:38

Got my poutine motor running again...the White Swan Public House in seattle. Poutine of the sea ?!?!?! oh yes. had fresh clams and a chowder gravy on top. ipa and clams? on poutine. food orgasm for the sea worthy :obscene-drinkingcheers:
gfmoto
Fanatic

Previous

Return to Off Topic