Look Here For The Latest Madass Army and Community News.

Where do they go? Members that is!

Topics and discussions related to other types of motorcycles and/or scooters and other things.

Moderators: Greg, MilwaukeeMadass, MadMaster

Where do they go? Members that is!

Postby BLACKisBAD » 11 Jan 2012 19:57

I joined just under a year ago, and the site had alot more traffic and interaction from regular members. Now its lucky if there is 20 regulars out of 1200 members. You can see most have been on for months via their profiles.
Ive notice a stack of new members lately but noone posts, lots of aussies too(cmon guys introduce yourselves, noone will bite;) )
Maybe its just wishful thinking that people will stay interested in such a interesting bike.

Not criticizing the site in anyway just want to see more love for the bikes :auto-biker:

Rating:7.69%

BLACKisBAD
MadMaster

Liked Posts: 1 time
Posts Liked: 43 times

Re: Where do they go? Members that is!

Postby Puerc0loc0 » 11 Jan 2012 21:59

Hi everyone, I'm one of the newbies mentioned above, lol. I am the proud owner of an 06 50cc MA, which may soon be my wife's (what's mine is her's, haha). I'm dying to have the bike together and ready for pics. This site has been a huge resource to me, especially the extended swingarm idea of Composimo's (I am now working on that for my own, heheh). I love your rat rod direction you took with your bike! I want to get another Madass, if not just to build another crazy design! It definitely turns heads!

Jon

Puerc0loc0

Posts Liked: 0 time

Postby gfmoto » 11 Jan 2012 22:21

hang in there chop! i think you woke up a few recently. activity is increasing. world economy is picking up...riders are saying screw it...i am buying a madass and live! welcome to all you new riders! :obscene-drinkingcheers: canada is thawing out and will join us soon. if 2012 is really the mayan end of days it will be a glorious madass ride to the end. :obscene-drinkingcheers: :obscene-drinkingcheers: worth a double cheer?
gfmoto
Fanatic

Liked Posts: 59 times
Posts Liked: 9 times

Postby MilwaukeeMadass » 19 Jan 2012 13:43

We're all spread pretty thin and our numbers aren't all that big in general. Maybe it's the part of the landscape in loving such a unique bike...? It'd be nice to see the community grow and thrive
Raymond - Forum/Website Admin
2010 125 Madass "Hugo Stiglitz" | Graphite | Stage I Kit w/ Asspipe
Bring Back The 50
MilwaukeeMadass
Site Admin

Liked Posts: 125 times
Posts Liked: 116 times

Postby gfmoto » 19 Jan 2012 14:49

MilwaukeeMadass wrote:We're all spread pretty thin and our numbers aren't all that big in general. Maybe it's the part of the landscape in loving such a unique bike...? It'd be nice to see the community grow and thrive

milwaukee...we have a new member in the seattle area! that doubles our numbers here of active soldiers. our governer just declared a state of emergency due to snow and freezing rain...i think i will contact her and see if she needs any madass army help. ;)

gfmoto
Fanatic

Postby cometulm » 19 Jan 2012 21:47

I bet we will see it pick up as Summer nears again... Either way I am never getting rid of my MA. Instead I will have a harem of bikes and build additions to house them all!
Rides:
    - Sachs Madass 2010 155 Z/185 R "coMet"
    - Harley Davidson - 1200 Custom Iron "Red"
    - Honda - 1973 CT90
    - Land Rover Sport HSE - 2008 4.4 V8
    - Ford - 1997 Custom Camper Van - Triton V8
    - Ford - 1965 Shelby Cobra 427

cometulm
Supporter

Liked Posts: 4 times
Posts Liked: 14 times

Postby CaseyHooligan » 20 Feb 2012 10:38

Hey guys, I was sold on the Madass back in 06' and just finally made good on my promise to get one..
Lot's of talk of dropping interest, but is it lack of interest in the bike or just the combination of economy, gas prices and winter?
http://velvetoven.com
2010 Yellow MA125 with a few tweeks
CaseyHooligan
Supporter

Liked Posts: 9 times
Posts Liked: 5 times

Postby MilwaukeeMadass » 21 Feb 2012 08:46

Winter is usually kind of vacant around here. It comes in waves.
Raymond - Forum/Website Admin
2010 125 Madass "Hugo Stiglitz" | Graphite | Stage I Kit w/ Asspipe
Bring Back The 50
MilwaukeeMadass
Site Admin

Liked Posts: 125 times
Posts Liked: 116 times

Postby ChiMike » 21 Feb 2012 18:06

Winter cools everything off, at least thats my hope. Chicago's winter has been so mild I've decided to take my bikes out of storage March 1 and that date can't get here fast enough. Lets hope everyone comes back soon.

Mike

ChiMike

Liked Posts: 0 time

Postby BLACKisBAD » 22 Feb 2012 02:01

I'm sorry but weather is a poor excuse in my opinion, reality is and all you have to do is go look back through the members most sell their madass's after about a year. The main posting now is by new members with a problem or question. Its a definetly a niche bike, and doesnt have alot of followers. I bought it for the different factor, i still love riding it and its always a talking point wherever i go.
Modified madass's rock :auto-dirtbike:
BLACKisBAD
MadMaster

Postby waytoofunky » 22 Feb 2012 13:17

Yeah, I agree -- I think winter's a great time to continue interests online... share ideas... research upgrades and repairs. I've noticed it's pretty quiet too, and was actually suspecting interest in this bike is waning! Hoping it's just a lull.

Cheers!

waytoofunky

Postby Greg » 24 Feb 2012 18:40

A lot of the original posting on this forum was finding solutions to the quirks new owners were often running into, finding upgrade options, and simply just increasing the community's knowledge base on general troubleshooting. There was a lot of new ground to cover. Now there are just a few holes here and there in that knowledge base, and not due to a lack of trying to fill them.

I think that saying most people sell their bikes within a year is just trolling, but I'll respond to it anyway. I imagine that the majority of the original posters like myself have simply got their bikes to a point where they run great, and they look great. We're happy with our bikes, and there is enough material on the forum here where the majority of folks can get to that same happy place without ever having to post a question.

Greg

Liked Posts: 122 times
Posts Liked: 152 times

Postby redhotscooter » 24 Feb 2012 20:12

To throw in my 2 cents worth,, i agree
redhotscooter

Liked Posts: 42 times
Posts Liked: 8 times

Postby gfmoto » 25 Feb 2012 19:25

seattle members have tripled this year! ok...so there are three of us currently active. match that in your area and we will be nation builders...madass army nation...first global borderless world nation. i wore a hawaiian short sleeve shirt to work last friday and i snowed today in my town of duvall. so i just polished and adjusted. i will start riding to work on the madass in march...no matter what! :auto-biker:
gfmoto
Fanatic

Postby BLACKisBAD » 26 Feb 2012 01:57

redhotscooter wrote:To throw in my 2 cents worth,, i agree

Agree to what? That once your bike is set up the way you want there is no need to come on here anymore?
BLACKisBAD
MadMaster

Postby RichardMA125 » 26 Feb 2012 10:09

My personal reason I don't post much at the moment is because of the winter season.

First bought a 50cc with support from this website. Then I bought a 125cc with support from this website.

I had to get a driving License for the 125cc, and then it was Winter season....

There are loads and loads of information on this website. Take this one for example: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=2067
Sometimes you don't have to ask for an answer.

RichardMA125
Supporter

Posts Liked: 7 times

Postby wrc323 » 26 Feb 2012 19:47

I'm still in the process of getting it on the road. RWC is done, Rego will be in the next two weeks. Then the mods, and therefore questions, will start. :)
wrc323

Posts Liked: 3 times

Postby Stikfas » 01 Mar 2012 13:39

i'm still here. it's just work have had me working my ass off even at home. my madass is all modded up but i hadn't had the time to dial in the carb and it is just sitting in my Garage. can't wait to ride it tinker and ride it again now that the weather here is perfect :cry:
May we always put our Bike stand down as many times as we put it up!
Stikfas
Fanatic

Liked Posts: 33 times
Posts Liked: 16 times

Postby Longboy » 05 Mar 2012 22:34

This was my experiance. If you log off the site....you can't get back on! This site asks you to reset with the Capcha and there is none to be found. I had to get a new Email address and re-register and most people won't bother. Now with 1200plus membership and just a half dozen posts per week........winter hybernation just doesn't explain it. :?:
Tall is cool....Small is cool!

Longboy
Gearhead

Liked Posts: 5 times
Posts Liked: 14 times

Postby Scorpion » 21 Apr 2012 04:15

This forum rocks! It is such a great resource for such a unique bike. The amount of creativity that the Army puts into their bikes is incredible. Those who fade away are at a loss as it just enhances the whole MadAss experience to belong here and offer input. :text-bravo:
True Happiness is MY ASS on a MADASS!

2006 Black 88cc Auto - "Scorpion"

Proud member of the MadAss Army "Moto-Scoot Division"
Scorpion
Supporter

Liked Posts: 74 times
Posts Liked: 4 times

Postby simicycles » 21 Apr 2012 12:59

It's been in the high 80's for the last week here, more and more people are asking about the Madass! We just need a fulltime person to ride it around town, with our plate hahaha.
2011 Madass In Stock, $59.00 A Momth! Discounts For Madass Army Members

http://www.simivalleycycles.com

simicycles
Vendor

Postby gfmoto » 05 Jun 2012 21:48

chop, things a little better on the activity level? i am feeling entertained and informed with much more info flow. :auto-dirtbike:
gfmoto
Fanatic

Postby dave » 06 Jun 2012 09:10

BLACKisBAD wrote:I'm sorry but weather is a poor excuse in my opinion, reality is and all you have to do is go look back through the members most sell their madass's after about a year. The main posting now is by new members with a problem or question. Its a definetly a niche bike, and doesnt have alot of followers. I bought it for the different factor, i still love riding it and its always a talking point wherever i go.
Modified madass's rock :auto-dirtbike:

WELL,,FOR ME WINTER IS A VERY GOOD EXCUSE,CANT RIDE WHEN THERES SNOW OUT THERE,,HAD MY Bike(sorry stupid caps)4 years,i was (stilll am)a member at madass.ca,,befor madass army took over,,so we arnt all gone,we are not all new owners
2008 amg nitro with ftp 125cc
dave
Contributor

Liked Posts: 2 times
Posts Liked: 8 times

Postby gfmoto » 29 Dec 2015 19:58

sorry dude...had war wounds to heal....2015...almost 2016...came back here and understood what you said a few years ago. i get it and am back on the garage floor talking to my madass :obscene-drinkingcheers: :text-+1:
gfmoto
Fanatic

Postby MASpdDmn » 21 Aug 2017 09:30

Here's hoping that more owners will post and get some momentum going. Just checking in and posting something once/week would be a good start. No one will post a question or write-up a mod they did if they only see a couple posts for the whole year! We need more activity here... Maybe I'll start an members' check-in post.

MASpdDmn
Recruit

Liked Posts: 2 times
Posts Liked: 1 time

Next

Return to Off Topic